A meeting of the Finance and Town Centre Committee will be held on Thursday 08 May at 6pm at Neston Community and Youth Centre.
The press and public are welcome to attend
PART 1: Items to be considered in the presence of the press and public
218Apologies for absence: To receive apologies for absence and consider acceptance of apologies.
219Questions to the Committee: To hear representations from the public, each person being permitted to speak for three minutes on any item of business included in the agenda subject to an overall time limit of thirty minutes.
220Declarations of Interest: To receive any Declarations of Interest on agenda items.
221To consider approval and signing of the minutes of the Finance and Town Centre Committee meeting held on 25.03.14.
222Clerk’s report: To receive the Clerk’s report.
This item provides the opportunity for the Clerk to update members on any matters arising since the last meeting or since the production of this agenda. Members are invited to ask questions on any matters not covered in this agenda.
Local Government Pension Scheme: A meeting has not yet been scheduled (item 214.1).
- Allotments: To note that the office are in the process of re allocating the vacant allotment plots, four plots are still to be allocated (Raby Park Road and Marshlands)
- Health & Safety/Risk Assessments: Reports from Terrain have been received and will be tabled at future meetings.
223 Finance Enclosed
223.1 To note the income of £211,611.53
223.2 To consider approval of the Expenditure of £32,747.63 net
The Clerk recommends that the Committee considers approval of the expenditure incurred by the Mayor when carrying out his civic duties and should there be any balance remaining, this should be returned to the Council’s accounts.
To receive and consider the list of expenditure used to conduct his civic duties provided by the Mayor.
225 Training – Action for Market Towns, Towns Alive event
To retrospectively approve for attendance by the TCM of the Towns Alive event 01.04.14 held in Sheffield; ‘Attainable funding for towns, cities and neighborhoods’ at a cost of £85 + VAT.
226Town Centre Manager’s Activity reports Enclosed
Activity Report: To receive the Town Centre Manager’s Activity report REF/TCM01
227 Town Centre Manager’s report: To receive the Town Centre Manager’s report.
This item provides the opportunity for the Town Centre Manager (TCM) to update members on any matters arising since the last meeting or since the production of this agenda. Members are invited to ask questions on any matters not covered in this agenda.
228 Neston Marketing (item 202) Enclosed
To receive the appointment of Marketing Consultant report REF: TCM/002 and approval of the following proposal that:
‘the delegated powers already provided to the Town Clerk, Chair and Deputy of the Town Centre committee and the Town Centre Manager be extended to encompass the drawing up and awarding of the contract to the successful appointment of the company’.
229Local Sustainability Transport fund bid Enclosed
To consider the TCM’s report REF: TCM/003 and approve proposals as set out therein;
- delegated authority be given to the Town Clerk, chair or deputy chair of the Town Centre Committee, and the Town Centre Manager to review all submission and decide on the appropriate company to appoint;
- delegated authority be given to the Town Clerk, chair or deputy chair of the Town Centre Committee, and the Town Centre Manager to prepare and agree the contract for the appointment, and
- following receipt of the grant sum from CWaC, a company be awarded the contract and commissioned as consultant to deliver on the objectives set out in the agreed funding bid and brief.
230 IT Resource Report
To consider the TCM’s report REF: TCM/004 and approve proposals as set out therein;
- Option 2 is taken forward and that an online dairy system and back-up hardware equipment is purchased at a cost of £tbc from the IT budget.
- An online payment system is set up at a cost of £tbc and a hand held terminal is purchased at a cost of £tbc from the IT budget.
- Expenditure of no more than £450 from the IT budget is agreed for the purchase of a laptop and ancillary IT/office equipment for the Markets and Estate Officer.
231 Town Hall and Market Charging Schedules
To consider the TCM’s report REF: TCM/005 and approve proposals as set out therein;
That the fees and charges for Town Hall short term lettings and for Neston Market set out in the Town Hall and Market Draft Charging Schedule Report REF:TCM/005, together with administrative arrangements detailed in the report, be adopted with immediate effect.
232 Any other items which the Chairman determines are urgent for discussion or next agenda item.
233 Exclusion of the Press and Public:To consider the exclusion of the press and public. Under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 (as extended by s.100 of the Local Government Act 1972), the public and accredited representatives of newspapers be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 by virtue of the paragraph specified against the item.
Part 2: Items considered in the absence of the press and public
234 Lone Worker Policy Enclosed
The Clerk recommends that the Committee approves the model Lone Worker policy from Terrain; the Council’s health & safety advisers.
Lone Worker Policy: To receive and approve adoption of the Lone Worker Policy (item 211)
235 Allotments (item 213) Enclosed
To receive the report of the Council’s solicitor’s advice regarding the registration of the Title Deeds.
236 Staff Issues
To consider the information received by the Mayor from the Administration Officer.
To approve delegated powers to the Clerk in liaison with three other Councillors, to undertake steps to review current staffing arrangements and staff recruitment.
238 Date of next meeting: To confirm the date and time of the next meeting will be confirmed at the Annual Meeting of the Council 20.05.14.
Signed Mrs A Kunaj – Town Clerk
Neston Town Hall, Neston
Tel: 0151 343 1407
Core Members of the Committee: Councillors Barker, Cummins, Jilani, C Lloyd, Loch, Marlow and Shipman.