NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF NESTON TOWN COUNCIL 9 OCTOBER 2014
MEETING NO 5
Notice is hereby given that –
An Extraordinary meeting of the Council to be held at Neston Town Hall on THURSDAY 9 OCTOBER 2014 at 6pm for the purpose of transacting the business set out on the agenda below.
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend.
66 Questions to Council
To hear representations from the public resident in Neston, or representing other members of the public resident in Neston, who may answer questions and give evidence, each person being permitted to speak for three minutes on any item of business included in the agenda and may, with the permission of the Chairman, make requests of, ask questions to seek information from the Council (but not individual members of it) in relation to any matter of particular significance to the people of Neston. This is subject to an overall time limit of thirty minutes.
67 Apologies for absence
To receive apologies for absence and consider acceptance of apologies
68 Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations of interest in agenda items
69 Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part One)
To consider the proposed response to the Inspector’s Schedule of Main Modifications consultation document REF/LP002 and the proposal therein:
- 1a. That Neston Town Council object to the proposed modification MM12 and that the whole of the text set out in the document REF/LP002 be submitted to Cheshire West and Chester Council in support of this objection.
- 1b That if after considering this objection ,Cheshire West and Chester Council, are minded to agree Modification MM12, then Neston Town Council would ask that the policy is amended to give consideration to the following:
- no sites adjacent to KSC and LSC should be brought forward until;
1. there are no suitable and available sites within the development boundary of the Centres, and
2. suitable sites have been identified through a Borough- wide assessment and included within the Local Plan[Part Two] Land Allocations and Detailed Policies Plan
- an indication of what “small” sites means in terms of size[hectares] and units [dwellings]
- an indication of what a small subsidiary element of market housing would be. There should be a maximum level identified in the policy of no more than 30%.
70 Exclusion of the Press and Public
To consider that under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 (as extended by s.100 of the Local Government Act 1972), the public and accredited representatives of newspapers be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
71 Human Resource Services
To receive and approve the recommendation from the Human Resources Committee REF/HR001 for the appointment of an HR consultant.
72 Next meeting
To confirm the date of the next scheduled meeting of the Council as Tuesday 11 November to be held at 6.30pm at Neston Town Hall, Neston.
Neston Town Council – Tel: 0151 353 1407
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.neston.org.uk